Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Sunday 29 January 2012

Today has been on of those 'nothing' days, the sort of day you look back on and cant actually pin point anything you have done which is remotely worthwhile. Some would say that constitutes a good, relaxing Sunday, others would say its a display of my laziness. I have chosen to go with the first summary!

Tomorrow is the start of my second week at University and I am looking forwards to getting on with life and getting a routine going again. I find it some what comforting that I have plans for almost every day of the week, even if those plans only occupy a part of the day, yet I feel these may be due to change, it is all dependant on the answer I get tomorrow regarding my full-time or part-time status.

If I am officially a full time student, I will again be entitled to a student loan. Thankfully this will mean I do not have to worry about finding work. It is not that I do not want to work, not in the slightest, but I know that to earn enough to support myself I would end up having only one day a week off. Which for me is thoroughly unrealistic, I am already struggling at the moment, I wouldn't cope with working or being at uni six days out of seven. There is also the problem that most part time jobs wouldn't provide me with enough income/days of work to realistically qualify for sick pay, and with my health being as it is, I need the security of knowing that when I am ill or in hospital, I still have some sort of income.

I have spent some time today tidying my work space, and I am planning on buying some magazine boxes tomorrow, so that I can have one for each module and store my things in some sort of order. I am fed up of searching through piles of papers to ascertain which will be useful and which wont! I also have to sort my notice board out, it is somewhat erratic!

Anyway, I am off now, I am thinking about an early night, but I am running out of painkillers so I don't know how likely a restful sleep is. I think a trip to get some more is in order, I must get some potassium top up juice whilst i'm there.

Night night -
Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment