Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Friday 20 January 2012

Sometimes something happens, something so unexpected that you are left standing there struggling to believe the events that have just unfolded. It leaves you suspended in a moment where you are unsure if it is indeed reality you are living in. Today held one of such moments, and if I am honest, a part of my mind is still stuck in that moment. That 'something' is sometimes good, sometimes bad, and today it just happened to be bad.

The person it happened to couldn't be a nicer person if she tried, and so does not, in any way deserve this, but nothing other than happiness. She is a person who I would trust with not just my own life, but anyone who I care about, and to see her treated in such a way doesn't just anger me, it saddens me. I will be there for her throughout all of this, and I do whatever it takes so that in the end the outcome of all of this will be the one she deserves, not this.

This weekend is due to be a busy one, and if I am honest I have deliberately planned it this way. I am hoping that the sheer amount I have left myself to some how fit into 48 hours will distract me from my first day at university on Monday. I have work tomorrow - thankfully mine is the sort of job where if it is quiet I can get on with some work, and so I will be planning on spending some of the day sifting through sources and taking copious amounts of notes on said sources. Then, all there is to do is to somehow transform this into an acceptable essay plan, which I am happy to allow my lecturer to see. I think luck is needed. After that, I am back to the wonderfully exciting task of reading historically academic texts and various other forms of literature.

I am also due to start filming my video blog ('vlog') this weekend, the plan being that I will record two short videos, the first will be filmed on Sunday. I am thinking that Sundays 'vlog' will be mainly an introduction to the crazy world of Kirsty, what its like to live with a set of misbehaving lungs, and what that means in terms of education and work. Hopefully Mondays vlog will contain a report of what was a successful first day. Fingers, toes, and just about everything else crossed.

Anyway, I will sign off now - there's much, much more that I can say, but I will save that for another day. Thank you for reading,
Kirsty - Aka, Happy Wheezer!


No comments:

Post a Comment