Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Thursday 26 January 2012

Forgive me Followers for i have sinned, It's been nearly a week since my last post, partially due to feeling slightly overworked, partially, well mainly due to my disinclinment to work or exertion.

Since my last post two main events worth reporting have occurred. Firstly I have started university, and, despite my less than positive musings it's actually going quite well. People seam to be really friendly and supportive, and so far I am yet to meet a person who proves that thought otherwise. The workload is, without a shadow of a doubt, alot more substantial than that of my old university, but I'm thinking upon that as a good thing, as opposed to a negative. It means I am more likely to do better in my assignments and are prepared, much more realistically for whatever comes next.

It's been nice being around friends again, and spending time with people that I haven't seen for a while. It reminds me though, and makes me wonder, why all of my close friends, or people I get on with most, are at least five years older than myself. Most of them at least ten. Maybe, as it was once put 'I was born middle aged, and just get more so each year'!

The second event that I feel I should notice is my surprise visit to the respatory clinic! Yesterday I made a phone call in the hope that I would find out the date of my appointment, only to be told it is in fact, that day at four!

Luckily my friend who was with me already yesterday, was due to come with me for the appointment so it didn't work out too terribly. Thankfully it actually went quite well, and I didn't leave feeling throughly despondent. She didn't change anything much, but told me to keep on reducing my steroids, like i was, but even more slowly and see what happens, because we can replace it with something less roidy. She wants me to keep an eye on the salbutamol nebs as well, and to make sure that when I use it I actually take notice of how much I'm having and if i could try up to 10 puffs of an MDI first. Looks like I'm going to need some more IgE levels done too, that way I can be assessed for xolair properly.

So yes, overall it was a fairly positive appointment. I felt listened too, she didn't say it's all in my head and she took a lot of time explaining and hearing my opinion on things. Sometimes I wish I had an on demand wheeze! They listen to my chest and say 'oh it's clear' and base treatment a lot of the time on that - despite the fact that I may be good today, but tomorrow I may be awful!

Anyway. Time for me to stop my insignificant rambling,

Mucho lovas
La heureuse wheezerrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment