Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Sunday 21 July 2013

The 30 day challenge - Day 1, yourself!

So the other day I saw a thing on Stumble Upon where you are given an idea for every day of the month and you have to use that as inspiration to draw a picture. I am really not a very good drawer, and so I don't think that I would be any good at taking on that challenge exactly as intended, but I am going to try and use each point to inspire some creativity! It may take more than 30 days for me to actually get through them I am not promising one a day or anything but it will be good fun and give me something to talk about other than myself!

Having said that, the first days inspiration/challenge is...

1. Yourself

It took me some time to decide what it was that I was going to do, obviously they expected people to draw themselves but we have already decided that I am a terrible drawer so that wont be happening! So I am going to write about what I would draw, in some sort of pathetically poetic way, and hope that you can use that to draw an image in your mind!

My feet, Oh the places we have been,
The paths that together we tread,
With you the wonders of the world I have seen,
Leaving memories of waterfalls and paths in my head.

My legs, I have always complained about you,
Saying you are too pale, too big or too scarred.
Yet all my years you have stayed good, trustworthy and true,
You were my support when times were hard.

My stomach, oh the beatings you have endured,
Being stuffed, or starved and hated.
Yet as time has passed and I've matured,
I have realized that perfection is a lie and overrated.

My hands have conquered many a task,
Given comfort, repaired and created.
They have always done just as I ask,
Even the tasks I have hated!

Okay I'm getting bored of this poetry malarkey now, and I need to sort out some dinner so I will leave the rest of the poem to your imagination! Tomorrows challenge is 'Favorite animal' so that could be interesting, you will all learn just how much of a batty cat lady I am.

I also have a meeting tomorrow to discuss young adult (16-25) provision at Addenbrookes hospital. Mainly looking at how young adult inpatients can be supported on wards where the majority of patients are much older. I don't know much about it all yet but I will keep you updated!

Take care,
Kirsty x






No comments:

Post a Comment