Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Saturday 26 October 2013

So it's day three of a very frustrating admission - and I am beginning to realise how much I miss being cared for by the inpatient team that know me really well! Yesterday the doctor who came around at ward round didn't listen to me when I warned them just how quickly I deteriorate at night. She also stopped my 02, without checking my sats. Funnily enough they dropped right out and I had to go back on oxygen! So when my heart rate was rather high and they decided to stop the aminophyline to let it settle they didn't listen to me then either!

Then surprise surprise I did! So at 9pm when my sats had dropped to the 80's despite me being on oxygen they restarted it again. A rather unneccecary set back really! 

So ward round this morning the doctor actually listened to what I had to say, agreed that as I was wheezy now, and it's day time we should increase the aminophyline rate so that I don't splat in the evening. Finally someone with some sense! She also decided that we should treat the pseudomona infection with oral Cipro and nebulised Tobramycin... So off she went to check that they had some in stock. But then she came back and informed me that the doctor who didn't listen to me yesterday (and hasn't been to see me today) has decided against it and wants to treat it with oral meds. 

Basically, to put it bluntly, this doctor is a complete and utter ?@!*+$ who doesn't seem to remember that it's my body, my condition and that I am the one who has the right to call the shots here! 

Okay. Rant over. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to read that you are in hospital. Will be thinking of you and hoping you get better quickly. I understand how ftustrating it is to not be listened to. I've had 3 trips to A&E in the past week, where the nurse didn't listen and I ended up struggling for longer than necessary! Keep your chin up hun. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Much love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete