Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Wide awake, yet half asleep.

If you have read what I wrote on this blog, just yesterday, you will probably not be surprised that I am blogging at 2am. To be perfectly honest the fact that I can string together a somewhat coherent sentence, despite my current state of exhaustion astounds me. Sadly my plans to get a good nights sleep were foiled, once again, by my rather unruly set of lungs.

So, I am currently in bed, wide awake, thanks to the abundance of prednisolone and salbutamol it has taken to get my sats to a acceptable level. Yet, at the same time I am exhausted, my muscles are cramping and aching, my chest feels like it is being crushed and just attempting to roll over is going to expel more energy than I currently have.

How is it possible to wide awake, and yet half asleep? I don't know. What I do know however is that if I don't get some rest soon, and a good nights sleep my appointment tomorrow is going to end in an admission.

Though, I really shouldn't complain. I have a warm bed, good medication and a life ahead of me, which is alot more than many others may have.



No comments:

Post a Comment