Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Thursday 14 November 2013

Sooo... Since my last post very little of any interest has happened! I'm home and trying to get back to some sort of routine, but it's taking time and effort to get there! 

I've recently managed to buy a Cuttlebug second hand, off a friend of a friend and I'm enjoying it far too much!! It's really hard work to turn the handle, cause I'm all pewney and weak! But look! Cuttlebug! 


I gave an interview for Allergy UK, where I spoke about the effects of indoor allergens on my asthma the other week. Was rather nervous - but it went well, and the resulting podcast seams to have got some good comments. It's also gone onto YouTube! Here's the link if you want to check it out...


Don't forget to comment and let Allergy UK know that it's actually been worth the effort!

There's been some sad news too, my best friends bunny, Jasper died. It was very quick, he picked up an infection which caused septicemia , and died later that day. Poor Jasper. He was a lovely bunny and we will miss him lots. 

I have been working on my dolls house a lot, and it's looking really good. The windows are all in, the roof tiles are on and painted and I just need to do the chimney and the outside will be finished. I'm very pleased with it so far - I can't wait to start sorting the inside, it won't be long till I'm ready to do that :) 


I've also managed to discover that I can watch season 9 of Greys Anatomy on love film! It's very sad how exctited it made me, but I actually watched the whole thing in a couple of days. Oh, and now I can't cope with the whole waiting for season 10 thing. It's driving me nuts. But, season 9 was amazing, and there were many moments which made me go 'Ahh', 'Eeeeeeep!' and 'Awhhh' - there were times which led to this being posted on my timeline...


Yes... I'm that sad.

Tuesday was clinic. It was a monumentally frustrating as normal and as usual, I left wanting to either kill myself, or someone else... I'm not sure which option, but I was close to carrying one of them out! My consultant has seemed to have forgotten about just about everything we had discussed before... He wasn't supposed to be messing around with things, but leaving them as they were until Heartlands see me and letting them decide what to do! But then considering he doesn't even seam able to read the BASIC things about me... Like the fact that I'm diabetic and that he's failed numerous times to get me off steroids, and it's not worked... I cant expect too much.

On the positive side, my lung function was around 65%, which is about 10% better than last time, and my ENO was better too. My GP is also sorting out my pain management, which has been great, it's meant that I can actually get comfy at night and get some sleep. 

I don't think there's much more to say! I'll update soon when I actually have something exciting to add.

Take care,
Kirsty x


  


2 comments:

  1. Hi, wow, the dolls house looks amazing!! Didn't take you long. I'm rubbish at stuff like that, start them but never finish!!

    And, what's a cuttlebug??

    Luv Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to your interview about allergies. You were fab! Think you are a great inspiration to young people and especially those with asthma and allergies. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete