Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Friday 29 November 2013

Catch up, part one.... (Ikea, caffeine and power tools.)

So since the last post I have had a couple of really great days out, and a fair few days recovering in bed! It's been lovely to spend find some time with my friends; even if it does take a lot out of me, the main thing is that I enjoy it. I just think that it is better to have 3 really great days, followed by a few days of increased discomfort/illness - than 6 days of feeling bored, uncomfortable and ill! 

I had a great trip to Ikea and the range with my friend Ellie, who is also a crafty person! We managed to get quite a few things that we wanted and many things that we had no idea we wanted, and needed to complete our lives! It was a long day though, and so Ellie pushed me around Ikea in a chair so that I didn't have to walk... 



As you can see, I had some sexy wheels for the day! Ellie seamed to spend vast quantities of the day telling me off for trying to wheel myself around though. I thought I could give it a go - but the myopathy seams to be
killing my once bulging biceps (... okay maybe not bulging) and it made it look like Ellie had been torturing me all day and leaving me to fend for myself ! Which she had secretly, cause shes really mean! We also went and had a little look around Costco, in the hope that we would find some bargains (I wanted a giant tub of flying saucers!) but to no avail. We left empty handed, and with our dreams of it being an Aladdin's cave full of yummy treats dashed. Or sorrow didn't last long though, and we managed to pull ourselves out of our deep hole of disappointment to go and buy unnecessary, yet much coveted, craft supplies. Muhahahahaa!

We then finished the day with Starbucks and an all you can eat Chinese buffet! I'm not normally a hot drinks person, but I was cold and in need of caffeine so I had a yummy latte. I was also impressed that not only did the lady in Starbucks write my name without asking, she even spelt it correctly! By the time we had finished it was easily 8pm and I was starving, generally I don't view all you can eat buffets as a challenge, however what with me being so hungry it probably looked like that to anyone around. It was a most welcome end to a lovely day.


Then, later that week I went to see my dad, and we somehow managed to build a kitchen. Well, not the whole kitchen - that would be beyond impressive, but we moved doors around and put them on cupboards etc. Dad even let me loose with power tools, and no, I didn't break anything (or anyone)! It just goes to show that you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it, and it also shows that even with only one working hand, my dad can do a better job than most can with two. Makes me very proud to be able to call him my dad.

Also, my dolls house is coming along nicely. Its all painted and has its windows fitted... My skills know no boundaries. I can fit kitchens, windows and even build houses. I also have a newly assembled 'tool kit' which contains a fair few items which I think make me significantly more dangerous than I previously was... Such as a hacksaw and various types of craft knives!

My friend Stacey also successfully beat off numerous other candidates to get a job working in a local primary school. Obviously I am very, very proud of her and think that she will do a great job - so I treated her to some of my famous home cooking, fake champers and some prezzies! Well done Gavy,  go get 'em!


















Anyways, this is the end of part one! Only because I'm too lazy to finish writing the rest ;)

Take care,
Kirsty x








1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy!! Good to see you've been having a fun and productive time. Hope you're well.
    Luv Jules xx

    ReplyDelete