Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Sad news, a quick update.

Hey all,

A fair few things have happened, one of which is something that I can't believe I am having to tell you. 

A girl I know, a friend, who also suffered from very severe asthma, has passed away having had an attack. She really was a lovely person and I wish I had taken the time to know her better. She was really helpful when I needed advice regarding treatment options and she really took the time to chat and share her experiences. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I was her best friend and knew everything about her, because I didn't, but the death of anyone from an illness which is close to home is always hard. 

What I do know is that she was as kind and caring towards others after her death as she was during her life, donating her organs and saving the lives of so many people. The world is truly poorer for the loss of her and I am deeply saddened by her death. My love, prayers and thoughts go out to her friends and family as they come to terms with their loss and their futures without her. But I hope they find some comfort in the fact that her death, however tragic, brought life to so many others.

Sleep well Dawn, fly high and breathe easily, knowing that you are a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for allowing me to have the pleasure of knowing you.

I can't think of anything else to say now. Everything just seems to pale in comparison, and anything I have to say feels tiny. So I am going to sign off here, and update again when my news, and what's been going on in my life, feels like it's regained some significance.

All my love,
Kirsty xx

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to read your sad news. Its hard when its something that feels way to close to home. Thinking of u xx

    ReplyDelete