Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Sunday 30 June 2013

I may not have a degree, but I will remain positive, because life is too beautiful to be disappointed.

I've actually had more page views in the past week than I've had so far this year, which is crazy because all I've been doing is rambling about completely pointless rubbish! Though of course that doesn't actually take note of the number of people who are really reading it - just the ones who stumble across the page...! It does spur me on to write more often and to try and think of something interesting to say though. I am yet to decide if we bloggers are intellectually amazing, due to the fact that we have more to say than a Tweet or Facebook status can hold. Or, if we are in fact intellectual loners, who have so much to say and no one to listen so we type it out and publish it in a tiny corner of cyberspace! What do you guys think?

It’s a funny time of year at the moment, particularly this year as now is the time that the majority of my schoolmates who went off to university are graduating. I can’t help but feel disappointed that I am not graduating too - it highlights just how different my life is to what I had planned, and how my life differs from those peoples that I grew up with. I am trying to think of it in a positive way though, I have still learnt a lot in three years - even if I haven’t finished them with a degree...

If I was a 'normal' student, fresh out of uni I wouldn’t appreciate the fragility of life, the beauty in every second of every day and the need to live every minute like it could be my last. I don’t think I would laugh so much, because I would assume that I would have forever to laugh in. I wouldn’t love as deeply as I would be forever waiting for whatever was around the corner, expecting tomorrow and not living for today. I don’t think that I would truly appreciate every breath, the taste of clean fresh air in my mouth, oxygen running through my body - because I would take each breath for granted, believing that the next one will come just as easily.

I may not have a degree, but I will remain positive, because life is too beautiful to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment