Welcome

Welcome to my page, which I hope will entertain you in some way, shape or form. I am your average 21 year old, I laugh too much, have moments of obvious immaturity and spend far too much time procrastinating. A lot of my time is spent dealing with my health, I'm in and out of hospital with severe allergic (brittle) asthma most of the time. I hope, however foolishly, that this page will provide you with an insight into what its like to live in my world, from admissions, clinic appointments and many, many days in bed.

Monday 16 April 2012

It's been about three weeks since I last updated you guys, and what a few weeks it has been. Most definitely the past weeks will never be forgotten and to be honest I hope I never do forget them.

I will hold my hands up and say that I have been a terrible daughter. I haven't made the effort with my dad like I should have, I've moaned about him when he didn't deserve it and i have judged him when I should have been supporting him. Overall, I haven't acted in the way a daughter should have, and that's something that I will always, always regret. Theres no excuse for it, I can't come up with any substantial reason why I have acted like this, except for my own incompetences as a daughter, and overall a person.

 There is an old, well known saying 'You don't know what you have, until you don't have it anymore' and I think the same can be said for nearly not having something anymore. When you are faced with the possibility of loosing someone you love, it makes you realise just how much you love them, what a big part they actually do have in your life and just how much you wouldn't be ale to cope without them. I can safely say that the past few weeks have taught me this, and I hope it is a lesson I will never forget. I realise now, just how important my dad is to me, how much brighter the world is for his existence and how dark my life would be without him. Never again will I fail to make an effort to be in my dads life, and to allow him into mine. You only get one set of parents, one father and I will cherish him with all my being.

 Thankfully, after so many days in hospital the end is near. He should be home within the next few days, and the next steps of his recovery will begin. It's not going to be easy, he's going to have to adjust, let people in and allow people to help him when he needs it. Not only that, but we are going to have to come to terms with the fact that we will need to help him in so many ways, and that it's going to be hard. But we are a family, and we will stick together because that's what families do. They support each other through thick and thin, good and bad, and they don't judge. The accept each other for their strengths and limitations and I know, in my heart of hearts that we will come out of the other side of this stronger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment